The Village of Covington is utilizing Zoom to stream its meetings. Zoom is a third party vendor of telecommunication services and is not controlled by the Village.
On March 25, 2020 Governor Mike DeWine signed into law House Bill 197, which modifies Ohio’s Open Meeting Act for the COVID-19 crisis. The updated legislation included provisions which related to conduct of public meeting and hearings during the period of the COVID-19 emergency. For a full description of the legislation signed, please go to the Ohio Attorney General’s website. In November 2020 Ohio House bill 404 was passed which extended the authority through July 1, 2021.
The Village of Covington Government Center opened to the public on May 3rd. This included public meetings for the Village Council, Planning and Zoning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals. The State of Ohio lifted all health orders on June 2, 2021. The Village intends to continue to utilize Zoom to stream meetings for the public to be able to watch meetings, but it will not be used as an interactive tool, only a way for anyone to watch the meeting.
Starting in July, 2021 it is likely that the Village will move to a different streaming platform to make incorporation with Facebook, etc. simpler for users.
Meeting Dates, Times, and Links
The Village of Covington has a Village Council meeting on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month at 7PM. You must register to join the meeting. Registration just requires that you provide a valid email address to assure you are a real person. Once you are registered, you will be emailed information on how to join the meeting.
Residents are welcome to join the council meeting virtually by clicking the link for the meeting below. You will be required to register for the meeting:
- June 7: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcuceCoqD4tEte_0AAnVqZzUIHlAWwMp20P
- June 21: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdeygqTsoH9W7n8x5NXYW-ZLcvQ8EkW-d
- July 5: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcuceCoqD4tEte_0AAnVqZzUIHlAWwMp20P
- July 19: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdeygqTsoH9W7n8x5NXYW-ZLcvQ8EkW-d
For Agendas and Minutes of Future or Previous meetings, click here.
Policies for the Public:
The following policies will govern how streamed meetings are run:
- No public participants will be able to utilize video, only authorized Village Staff will be permitted to utilize video and screen sharing during the meeting.
- All participants will be auto-muted when they enter the meeting. This will not be interactive. If a resident wants to speak at the meeting, they will need to come to the Government Center.
- The meeting will be recorded and official minutes will be created. These minutes are the official transcript of the meeting that occurred and will not be finalized until the next meeting for official adoption and approval.
How to Join a Zoom Meeting:
Below is a video on how to join a Zoom Meeting. If you have any questions, please contact the Village prior to the meeting.