The Village of Covington is utilizing Zoom to stream its meetings. Zoom is a third party vendor of telecommunication services and is not controlled by the Village.
During the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic the Village utilized Zoom to stream meetings to meet state regulations under House Bill 197, which modified Ohio’s Open Meeting Act. The legislation was active from March 25, 2020 until July 1, 2021. Although not required by the State, the Village intends to continue to utilize Zoom to stream meetings for the public to be able to watch meetings, but it will not be used as an interactive tool, only a way for anyone to watch the meeting.
Meeting Dates, Times, and Links
The Village of Covington has a Village Council meeting on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month at 7PM. You must register to join the meeting. Registration just requires that you provide a valid email address to assure you are a real person. Once you are registered, you will be emailed information on how to join the meeting.
Residents are welcome to join the council meeting virtually by clicking the link for the meeting below. You will be required to register for the meeting:
- August 16: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdeygqTsoH9W7n8x5NXYW-ZLcvQ8EkW-d
- September 7 (for Sept 6): https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcuceCoqD4tEte_0AAnVqZzUIHlAWwMp20P
- September 20: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdeygqTsoH9W7n8x5NXYW-ZLcvQ8EkW-d
- October 4: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcuceCoqD4tEte_0AAnVqZzUIHlAWwMp20P
- October 18: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdeygqTsoH9W7n8x5NXYW-ZLcvQ8EkW-d
For Agendas and Minutes of Future or Previous meetings, click here.
Policies for the Public:
The following policies will govern how streamed meetings are run:
- No public participants will be able to utilize video, only authorized Village Staff will be permitted to utilize video and screen sharing during the meeting.
- All participants will be auto-muted when they enter the meeting. This will not be interactive. If a resident wants to speak at the meeting, they will need to come to the Government Center.
- The meeting will be recorded and official minutes will be created. These minutes are the official transcript of the meeting that occurred and will not be finalized until the next meeting for official adoption and approval.
How to Join a Zoom Meeting:
Below is a video on how to join a Zoom Meeting. If you have any questions, please contact the Village prior to the meeting.