Community Development Department
- Long Range Planning / Project Management | Village Projects
- Review of Zoning Permit Applications | Complete an Application
- Zoning & Property Maintenance Code Enforcement | Property Maintenance Code
- Development Plan Review for the Planning Commission
- Staff support for the Planning Commission & Board of Zoning Appeals
- Preparing New Residential Information
- Economic Development
- Covington Investment Committee (CIC)
- Community Reinvestment Area (CRA)
- Downtown Redevelopment District (DRD)
- Marketing, Branding, and Social Media Efforts
- Grant Writing
Boards and Commissions
The Village of Covington has two primary Boards related to Planning.
The Covington Planning Commission holds regularly scheduled monthly meetings at 7:00 P.M. the third Tuesday of each month.
The Covington Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) does not hold regular monthly meetings and only meets when the Planning Commission requires it to hear cases.
The Community Development Department manages all the Planning and Zoning functions for the Village of Covington. This includes permits and applications. Please click on a link below for more information on available zoning documents.
- Zoning Permits
- The Village of Covington does not issue Building Permits, only Zoning Permits. Prior to any construction in the Village you will need to get a Zoning Permit through the Village. The issuance of a zoning permit assures that the proposed structure is in compliance with the use, area, and setback requirements of the Village.
- You may need to contact Miami County Building Regulations for additional permits and regulations (building permit, electrical, plumbing, etc.).
- Contractor Licenses
- Any concrete work or water or sewer work that is completed within the public right-of-way is required to get a contractor license through the Village. This permit must be issued prior to any work being completed.
- Board of Zoning Appeals Applications
- The Board reviews variance, conditional use, and appeals.
- Planning Commission Applications
- The Commission reviews site plans, final development plans, zoning changes, and planned development approval.
- Zoning Map
- The last update to the Zoning Map was in June, 2020.