UPDATE: The Village of Covington Government Center will be open to the public beginning on May 3rd. This will include public meetings for the Village Council, Planning and Zoning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals. Due to the COVID-19 public health crisis, the Village of Covington must still meet strict protocols for public meetings, including social distancing and mask requirements. Due to the size of the Council Chambers we will likely have to limit the public in the building. To assure that everyone has the ability to watch the meeting, and provide comments if they so choose, we will still be utilizing Zoom to allow for residents to stay at their homes and still be a part of the meeting.
We are working to update our systems to allow for streaming of the meeting room, but do not anticipate that being completed for the May 3rd meeting. We are hopeful to have a better quality stream of the meeting by June. Thank you for your understanding as we work to improve the Village.
The Village of Covington is utilizing Zoom. Zoom is a third party vendor of telecommunication services and is not controlled by the Village. By utilizing Zoom’s services, the Village is making every effort to comply with the Ohio Open Meetings Act while conducting official Village business.
On March 25, 2020 Governor Mike DeWine signed into law House Bill 197, which modifies Ohio’s Open Meeting Act for the COVID-19 crisis. The updated legislation included provisions which related to conduct of public meeting and hearings during the period of the COVID-19 emergency. For a full description of the legislation signed, please go to the Ohio Attorney General’s website. In November 2020 Ohio House bill 404 was passed which extended the authority through July 1, 2021.
Meeting Dates, Times, and Links
The Village of Covington has a Village Council meeting on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month at 7PM via Zoom. You must register to join the meeting. Registration just requires that you provide a valid email address to assure you are a real person. Once you are registered, you will be emailed information on how to join the meeting.
Residents are welcome to join the council meeting virtually by clicking the link for the meeting below. You will be required to register for the meeting:
- May 3: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcuceCoqD4tEte_0AAnVqZzUIHlAWwMp20P
- May 17: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdeygqTsoH9W7n8x5NXYW-ZLcvQ8EkW-d
- June 7: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcuceCoqD4tEte_0AAnVqZzUIHlAWwMp20P
- June 21: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdeygqTsoH9W7n8x5NXYW-ZLcvQ8EkW-d
- July 5: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcuceCoqD4tEte_0AAnVqZzUIHlAWwMp20P
- July 19: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdeygqTsoH9W7n8x5NXYW-ZLcvQ8EkW-d
For Agendas and Minutes of Future or Previous meetings, click here.
Policies for the Public:
The following policies will govern how teleconference public meetings are run:
- No public participants will be able to utilize video, only authorized Village Staff will be permitted to utilize video and screen sharing during the meeting.
- All participants will be auto-muted when they enter the meeting and will only be permitted to speak at designated times during the meeting.
- The meeting will be recorded and official minutes will be created. These minutes are the official transcript of the meeting that occurred and will not be finalized until the next meeting for official adoption and approval.
How to Join a Zoom Meeting:
Below is a video on how to join a Zoom Meeting. If you have any questions, please contact the Village prior to the meeting.