Due to the COVID-19 public health crisis, the Village of Covington is not conducting any in-person public meetings, but will be holding regularly scheduled monthly meetings via teleconference.
The Village of Covington is utilizing Zoom to meet this need. Zoom is a third party vendor of telecommunication services and is not controlled by the Village. By utilizing Zoom’s services, the Village is making every effort to comply with the Ohio Open Meetings Act while conducting official Village business.
On March 25, 2020 Governor Mike DeWine signed into law House Bill 197, which modifies Ohio’s Open Meeting Act for the COVID-19 crisis. The updated legislation included provisions which related to conduct of public meeting and hearings during the period of the COVID-19 emergency. For a full description of the legislation signed, please go to the Ohio Attorney General’s website. In November 2020 Ohio House bill 404 was passed which extended the authority through July 1, 2021.
Meeting Dates, Times, and Links
The Village of Covington has a Village Council meeting on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month at 7PM via Zoom. You must register to join the meeting. Registration just requires that you provide a valid email address to assure you are a real person. Once you are registered, you will be emailed information on how to join the meeting.
Residents are welcome to join the council meeting virtually by clicking the link for the meeting below. You will be required to register for the meeting:
- February 16: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdeygqTsoH9W7n8x5NXYW-ZLcvQ8EkW-d
- March 1: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcuceCoqD4tEte_0AAnVqZzUIHlAWwMp20P
- March 15: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpdeygqTsoH9W7n8x5NXYW-ZLcvQ8EkW-d
Policies for the Public:
The following policies will govern how teleconference public meetings are run:
- No public participants will be able to utilize video, only authorized Village Staff will be permitted to utilize video and screen sharing during the meeting.
- All participants will be auto-muted when they enter the meeting and will only be permitted to speak at designated times during the meeting.
- The meeting will be recorded and official minutes will be created. These minutes are the official transcript of the meeting that occurred and will not be finalized until the next meeting for official adoption and approval.
How to Join a Zoom Meeting:
Below is a video on how to join a Zoom Meeting. If you have any questions, please contact the Village prior to the meeting.