High Street Construction Project | 2022
What: The ODOT High Street Project. The roadway will be reconstructed and widen by 1′ on each side (2′ total) to allow more room for parking and traffic. Sidewalk and curb ramps are being replaced to improve pedestrian traffic. This project requires that some property owners along High Street will have easements, temporary easements, or other land that will be purchased to be put in the public right-of-way.
When: Estimated for May 2022 – November 2022. This project is estimated to be bid out in the early Spring of 2022 through the ODOT bidding process.
Where: The project will be phased along High Street from Dodd Street to US 36.
Why: This project, which has been approved through the Ohio Department of Transportation process (ELLIS), is to provide a new roadway along High Street. The project is also replacing the sidewalks, lighting, and other elements along this roadway. This project will allow Covington to begin to update some aging infrastructure and invest in our future.
Impact: If you live along High Street you will receive a call from the Village consultant to acquire right-of-way as part of this project. ODOT is widening the right-of-way on High Street by one (1) foot on each side of the road. Please work with the consultant to get the required paperwork signed and returned.
How Much: This project is funded through a number of grants and loans. Please note the numbers below are meant as a reference and may change at any time and should not be considered the official or final numbers, but only used as a way to understand the scope and scale of the project.
- Estimated Construction Costs under ELLIS (PID105753):
- CO-CC 1 – Reconstruction – $3,321,495.33
- CO-CC 2 – Additional Reconstruction – $678,504.67
- Total Est: $4,000,000
- Estimated Engineering Costs under ELLIS:
- CO-CE 1 – Construction Engineering – $232,504.67
- CO-CE 2 – Additional Construction Engineering – $47,495.33
- Total Est: $280,000
- Total Project Estimated Cost:
- ODOT Grant: $2,665,500
- OPWC Grant: $500,000
- OPWC Loan (0% / 30 Years): $948,500
- Total Grant / Loan Funding: $4,114,000
- Est. Village Funding – From Street Fund: $166,000.