VILLAGE OF COVINGTON UTILITY RATES AND POLICIES
The following charges are combined on one monthly bill:
- Trash service: $16.75
- Low Volume Trash Service $14.75 (Small Can)
- Recycling service: $3.75
- Monthly water capital charge to cover the debt payment and capital improvements for the 2005 water treatment plant: $27.75
- Water tower maintenance fee to cover the cost of ongoing maintenance to water towers. $8.49
- Monthly sewer capital charge used towards debt service and ongoing repairs of the 35-year old wastewater treatment plant. $11.28
Commercial customer base charges vary based on the size of the water/sewer service. All water meters are read monthly with the water and sewer usage charges added to the base bill you receive.
The following usage rates are currently in effect:
- Water usage is billed @ $3.98 per 1000 gallons for the first 6000 gallons usage per month.
- Water usage from 6000 gallons and up per month will be billed @ 3.62 per thousand gallons.
- Sewer Rates $3.66 per 1000 gallons
Utility bills are sent out monthly, the last week of each month. They may be paid without penalty by the 20th day of the month. Payments are accepted at the Government Center between 8:00 and 4:30. A payment drop box is also located at the Village Government Center in front of the LED sign for check payments. Please do not put cash payments in the drop box. After the 20th of the month, bills will be considered delinquent and a 10% late penalty will be charged. Customers that have past due balances two months in arrears will be subject to shutoff. Services shut off due to past due balances will be subject to an $80.00 reconnection fee. All charges including the $80.00 reconnection fee must be paid to the utility clerk prior to the service being restored. There will be no exceptions to the above unless granted by the Village Administrator. Any disputes on utility bills must be brought to the Village Administrators attention before the bill becomes delinquent.
Property owners are always liable for utility bills. Renters wishing to sign up for utilities my do so but a $100.00 deposit will be required at the village office. If an account goes unpaid and becomes subject to turn-off, the Village utility department is not required, but will attempt, to place a notification door hanger at the service address before the shutoff occurs. Delivery of a shutoff notice door hanger will cause a $5.00 charge to be added to the utility account.
Water Problems, Let us know!
From time to time all residents will experience water problems caused by work to the system, hydrant flushing, water breaks, etc. If such problems persist, please contact the Village office at 473-3420. For after hours water and sewer emergencies, call 911.