Be a part of the Covington Holiday Home Decorating Contest! The contest, which is sponsored by the Village of Covington along with the Covington Chamber of Commerce, encourages community pride by decorating in the spirit of the holiday. Residents who have gone above and beyond in decorating their residence in an exceptional creative approach will be recognized for their hard work during the Village Council meeting on Monday, December 17th.
The participating houses are located at the following addresses:
1 – 139 N. Main Street
2 – 303 N. Main Street
3 – 335 N. Main Street
4 – 518 N. Pearl Street
5 – 306 Debra Street
6 – 403 E. Walnut Street
7 – 131 W. Broadway Ave
8 – 141 W, Broadway Ave
The contest is open to all residents within the Village of Covington who have completed an entry form by December 7th at 4:00 pm.
Contest entry forms are available at Village Government Center or:
Entry is FREE; no cost or fees apply.
Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (originality, unique design and/or use of storyline or theme)
- Lights and Decorations (display and placement)
- Special Effects (sound effects, animation, etc.)
- Overall Appearance (effort & attractiveness)
Judging of all entries will take place during the evenings of December 12th through 14th.
Winning entries will be announced at the village council meeting on Monday, December 17th.
Five prizes will be awarded:
- First Place – $250 cash prize and yard sign
- Second Place – $200.00 cash prize and yard sign
- Third Place – $150 cash prize and yard sign
- Fourth Place – $100 cash prize and yard sign
- Fifth Place – $50 cash prize and yard sign
Be creative! Be festive! Have fun!